I’m a big fan of face masks and I’ll whip anything together to try and fix my skin. A few years ago I started making a honey and avocado mask that I read about in a magazine. It’s simple enough to make, plus you don’t have to hunt for the ingredients. I always have a jar of honey at home for my tea, and avocado is usually on my grocery list.
This is my favorite mask to use on a rainy night when there is nothing to do except watch movies and relax. I try to do this at least every other week to keep my skin smooth. Just follow these few simple steps for the DIY face mask process:
- Cut the avocado in half and scoop the inside out into a bowl.
- Pour in about a tablespoon of honey and mix the avocado until it has a paste-like texture.
- Wash and exfoliate face as usual.
- Massage the mask on your face evenly while avoiding your eyes.
- Keep the mask on for at least 15 minutes and wash it off thoroughly. Gently pat your face dry with a towel and then moisturize skin.
Find a recipe for guacamole or an avocado salad and use the remaining half to make it. Enjoy the rest of your night with smooth skin and a healthy snack!