Have a make-up lover in your life and need some stocking stuffer ideas for them? Maybe you just need a few good daily items you want to treat yourself to? Of course you can, it’s the holidays for you also! Here’s a list of my favorite make-up/beauty items that also happen to fit into a little stocking:
- Every make-up lover needs to own the M.A.C Cosmetics 208 Angled Brow Brush ($19.50) because it’s probably the most versatile. It’s super thin so you can use it for way more than just your brows (I use it to get my perfect eyeliner and when I want a “winged” smokey eye).
- I’m so excited my beloved moisturizer Miracle Skin Transformer SPF20 To Go ($18 in Sephora stores) comes in a smaller version so I carry it with me in my purse and take it with me wherever I go. (Fun fact: We are owned by the same parent company)
- My lovely coworker introduced me to the M.A.C Cosmetics Haute & Naughty Lash mascara ($19) and now I’m hooked (Thanks Zakiyyah!). Best mascara EVER and I feel like it’s my duty to let everyone know that so they can love it the way I do.
- The ELF Essential Brushes – 10 Piece ($10 at Target) is a good brush set that is inexpensive but comes with most of the essential make-up brushes. It’s not the best quality, but it’s great for learning to apply make-up or traveling.
- A Kabuki brush is definitely important in the brush collection and the ELF Kabuki Brush – Purple ($4.99) – is perfect. It’s adorable, pocket-size and also comes in pink and silver.
- Lip gloss is a must-have in every lady’s purse, so that means there needs to be one in their stocking. My favorite is Victoria Secret Beauty Rush Lip Gloss SPF 15 ($7) and Vicky S is always having sales on them (you can usually get them two for $12 or four for $20). There’s also Girl Scout Lip Smackers Party Pack ($9.95) which is all the deliciousness without the calories. FYI, lip gloss and lip balm are two different things. Lip balm is for moisturizing and lip gloss is really just for aesthetic lip purposes. So buying both is fine, you’ll probably need them. Besides, how can you pass up anything that tastes like Girl Scout Cookies?
- Pond’s Wet Cleansing Towelettes, Evening Soothe with Chamomile & White Tea – $4.69 – I’ve tried a few of these different make-up remover wipes, from the generic store brand ones to Neutrogena, but this one is my favorite. It takes off make-up much easier than the generic brands, but is only about a dollar more expensive than them.
- The Ardell Fashion Lashes ($3) are cheap, fake lashes that get the job done – enough said. You can also find these at pretty much any local drug store (I usually get them from a Duane Reed or CVS).
- Tan Towel Self Tan Towelettes ($18.95) are a great gift for someone who wants to have a nice summer glow during the cold winter months (that’s me!). I prefer the towelettes because they don’t leave any streaks or turn your skin orange. L’oreal also makes a version that you can buy on Amazon for cheap or Walgreens even sells them for $10.99.
- You can’t get perfectly lined eyes without great eyeliner – and the Maybelline Lasting Drama by EyeStudio Gel Eyeliner even includes a brush. It’s easy to apply and comes in a few different colors (my personal favorite is the Eggplant).
What other small beauty items would make great stocking stuffers that we may not know about yet?