Ever get stumped trying to figure out what to get someone for the holidays? Yeah, me too. I’ve rounded up a few of my favorite gifts to give or receive. I’ve chosen a lot of make-up or beauty items because I find that people like to buy these based on recommendations, so here are mine:
- My sister gave me the Sephora Makeup Studio Blockbuster ($49.50) last year as one of my presents for my birthmas (my birthday is two weeks before Christmas so I tend to get presents that are combination gifts – UGH!). I considered returning it (so glad I kept it!) because I didn’t think I’d use most of the colors in the palette, especially the lip gloss. Truth is, I use pretty much everything in it and it gives me the opportunity to mix colors to my liking.
- The Urban Decay Mariposa Palette ($39) is another present someone gave me a few years ago and since bought myself three more and used it until I’ve finished every last dust of color. Another great Urban Decay palette is the Naked Palette, but it’s always sold out in my local Sephora store when I want to buy it. They’ve also recently released the Naked2 Palette. Really, any Urban Decay palette will do.
- Make up brush sets always make a nice gift, so here are two of my favorites: M.A.C Cosmetics Make It Perfect Brush Kit Special Edition – ($49.50) and Sephora AntiBacterial Brush Set Sparkle Edition ($25). I’m a fan of the quality of M.A.C brushes, but I feel like you’re getting more bang for your buck with the Sephora ones – you decide.
- Hydroxatone Holiday Set ($49) – You know you’ve seen our commercials on TV and you’re curious. Our holiday gift set gives you three of our best-selling products (Hydroxatone AM/PM Wrinkle Complex, Hydrolyze Advanced Under Eye Formula and Revitalizing Microdermabrasion) for the price of one. Can’t beat that.
- We all have issues with our eyebrows, but the Brows a-Go-Go set ($34) makes it nearly impossible not to have perfect brows and fool-proof.
- Trust me; no one will complain if you get them a Yankee Candle Gift Set. Who doesn’t want their home smelling like “Christmas Cookies” without actually having to go through the labor of baking?
- Caboodles Pro Cosmetic Case – Silver ($31.49) – I know what you’re thinking. Caboodles? I haven’t heard that since I was a kid. Yes, it’s the same brand, but this isn’t those plastic cosmetic cases you remember. The quality of this is much better and holds a lot more make-up. You can also head to Sephora and buy one similar but more expensive that comes in pink.
- The Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue for Women Gift Set ($94 at Macy’s) is a bit of a splurge, but worth it! The scent is light yet so potent – the first word that comes to mind to describe it is “heavenly.”
- I get one of the Bath & Body Works® Signature Collection Mini Gift Basket ($15) every year and I LOVE it. You can never have too many lotions and body spray – keep one in the office, in your purse and you’ll always smell fresh. This is the best gift to receive and to give (I also buy these and save them for when I need a quick gift for someone).
- I’m sure you know a techy person or someone with a touch screen phone that the The North Face Etip Gloves would a perfect gift for. Take it from me; it’s so annoying to have to take off your gloves when it’s freezing out to reply to a text message.
Put these on your holiday shopping list – if not for yourself, then for someone else. What are some of the best presents you’ve received?